Directions0/0 steps made
- Bring water and rice to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer rice to a bowl and cut in rice vinegar using a rice paddle or wooden spoon. Season with 1 teaspoon sugar and 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste. Allow to cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Prepare fish for wrapping by slicing against the grain into thin pieces about 2 inches long and 1 inch wide. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Whisk eggs, 1/2 teaspoon sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt together in a bowl. Pour about 1/4 of the mixture in a thin layer in a large greased skillet over medium heat. Cook without stirring until cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes. Roll into a log and set in one side of the pan. Repeat with 1/4 of the egg mixture, rolling each log into a new log, to create one large log. Slice omelet on the diagonal into pieces about 1/2-inch thick.
- Place a piece of fish or shrimp in your hand and smear it lightly with wasabi paste if desired. Grab 1 to 2 tablespoons of rice and roll it into a small nugget in your hand.
- Place the rice ball on top of the fish or shrimp, squeezing gently to make it adhere. Set aside while you assemble the remaining pieces of fish and shrimp.
- Take a slice of egg omelet in your hand, grab 1 to 2 tablespoons of rice, and roll it into a small nugget in your hand.
- Place the rice ball on top of the egg, squeezing gently to make it adhere.
- Wrap a strip of nori around each package; moisten one end of the nori strip and seal to join. Enjoy this amazing dish with friends and family, it’s a good choice!